Going to Global Bersih this weekend? Take a pic – or two – and submit in the form below or email to us at [email protected] for our slideshow called “Clean Around the World.”
Here are some handy tips from photographer Sun Chee Yan, who shot the pic above of Aunty Bersih at Bersih 2.0 in KL.
- Ensure you provide context to your photographs and include ANYTHING that is unique to your location and specific to Bersih (a row of yellow shirts, a banner with date & name of your location or a background with Big Ben.)
- Try to capture the size of the crowd to let everyone know how big your gathering was.
- Be ready to shoot at all times and expect the unexpected.
- If there’s a planned schedule of activities, prepare for those. You may check with your local Bersih organizer.
- Be spontaneous. If the crowd is dull, ask them to squeeze closely together in front of a banner or landmark and shout “BERSIH!”. If people don’t want their faces in the picture, use your imagination and snap pictures of hands united together, or backs of yellow t-shirts.
Finally, your pictures don’t have to be professional, just heartfelt.
We’ll put up the photos as they come in and credit you. Add a caption with name of photographer and city and a description if you like.
Let’s see if we can get at least one picture from every city!